March 19, 2008

CVS savings

Ok, so due to my friend Heidi's blogging about saving money on typical personal/pharmacy items I thought I would check out the CVS Extra Care system and see what I could save. I signed up for their CVS Extra Care card last week, but didn't find the items I was looking for as I shopped with my toddler through their store undergoing renovations... I vowed to try a new store this week (we have 2 CVS stores fairly equal-distant to our home), and to look through their ad first.

As I didn't find all that many things this week, I just bought a necessity (contact lens solution), a need-eventually (air freshener), and a nice-to-have (lip color).

For these items, their regular cost totaled $27.28. Using a coupon I found at Money Saving Mom and with a few items on sale, I saved $3.40. Okay, so I spent $24.96... not that great for only really needing the contact lens cleaning solution. But the coolest part, is that I have $12.99 in Extra Bucks to spend, for free, in essence, the next time I shop at CVS (which needs to be by April 18th since that's when the $12.99 Extra Bucks expire).

Thanks so much, Heidi, I think I'm going to enjoy getting into this Extra Care program at CVS.

1 comment:

  1. Great start! Some weeks are better than others.

    ReplyDelete