[I recall being in the hospital with Emmy and Caleb all day when Abby arrived a year ago, and getting all kinds of teasing from the nurses since I was quite pregnant still. Time moves quickly!]
Anyway, the cousins played for a while, and then the little ones went down for their morning naps while Aunt Gina, Kaylee and I decorated cookies I baked earlier in the week for this occation. We had the table covered with waxed paper, numerous icing containers, knives, sprinkles, napkins, and of course, cookies. Kaylee was so excited and Aunt Gina was just as thrilled to have so much fun...
We iced cookies, sprinkled sprinkles ontop, and then set aside the cookie to begin another. [Kaylee had to stop often to wash her hands in the sink as she was often found licking the icing off of her fingers.]
Lunch was an interesting affair; mainly because the babies were on the same schedule. They both drank their bottles but were too distracted to eat. Abby was a good girl and napped at our house in the afternoon too, while Kaylee wanted to play games and watch a movie and read a book. Aunt Gina napped (trying to get rid of a headache) and I did my best to keep things quiet. We cleaned things up before Em came in the afternoon and packed up all the cookies to take home.
We had a wonderful day!
Very sweet pictures, Laura. Love the cookies. How did you get that purple color? It's unusual.
ReplyDeleteMany condolances to your family on the recent loss of your grandfather. It was at least good news that his passing was peaceful. We'll be praying for your family.
When you get back to normal life, I thought that you'd be interested in this blogroll. It's a photography one that posts every Saturday. I'm going to start participating. I need a better digital camera, but I'm going to do my best with what I've got. I know you love photography, so I thought this might be fun for you. Here is the website on how to set it up if you want to. http://tnchick.com/pshunt/
There is a different theme for the pictures each week that are posted ahead of time.
Peace,
Heidi