April 03, 2013

3287 days...

since we said I do. (Nine years if you like to count simply).

And we still say I do every day.  Putting the other first is not easy, but necessary.  Especially when  you don't really feel like it.  But cherishing him and striving to make his day better has a positive affect on my own day (and De says his focus on making my day easier has the same affect on him).

Choosing to not be selfish, but others-minded, has been a great help and challenge to me...  There are plenty of things I WANT to be doing.  But they aren't likely going to happen at this point in my life.  Too many other things that NEED to be done have to come first.  So I wait for that someday, hopeful that I will get a few days of sewing and scrapbooking this year, but not expecting them weekly.   My job is first to be a wife and mother (which is more of a full-time job than I originally thought).  And to keep my heart and mind focused on God and His plan for my dayMaybe I'll have those hours of time to myself in another 9 years or so :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You have both found the major secret to a happy, healthy and successful marriage - servant-heartedness!! I am so proud of the life you have made for yourselves and those 3 darling children, for I know that you have relied on God to make it what it is today!

    Love, "m"

    ReplyDelete