I find I work better at getting dinner on the table if I have a plan. I've been searching for the best method for me. Here's what I have done so far:
- Planned the week on Sat/Sunday. [I found this meal planner which makes a great front cover for my notebook; I like that it has categories for the type of meal, as I try to plan one night with chicken, another for beef, another night fish, etc.] I also use this, as I like to sometimes, plan more than just dinner.
- Done the grocery shopping based on that plan, including meals from items that are on sale that week.
- Cooked those meals during that week.
What I haven't done is have the recipes in one easy to locate place. I've had to count on my memory to determine where the recipe is located. NO MORE. I'm putting our top recipes
[read favorite meals I don't get arguments or tears over eating] in one binder, categorized by main ingredient. Since I feel like I am constantly cooking food for these ravenous beasts, I mean
little boys, this one book will be out on the counter, ready to remind my Mommy-brain what I need to get the meal together.
Could this be my new
saving Mommy's sanity method for food prep? We'll see?
You MUST post a follow up on how this goes. Also, have you printed and started using the menu planner you found on pinterest? I'm planning on trying it sometime soon here...let me know how it goes too if you end up trying it first. =)
ReplyDelete