August 31, 2011

sewing lesson

 UPDATE: we had to do more sewing the following day :) and he wanted to make 'sleep bags" for the other pirates... here they are! [The original pirate's sleeping bag is obvious if you look close enough.]

Billy had his first sewing lesson tonight!  He was standing watching me sew, asking all kinds of questions about the machine (what the different moving parts were doing, where the thread went, when do I use the knob on the side, what makes it go) and so I took the opportunity to teach him about it.  He really wanted to try it out, so I picked up a scrap and let him make a pocket... sewing several layers of fabric together, using that knob on the side :)  He claimed his had hurt after an inch of sewing, so I allowed he could try to foot pedal.  That was fun, and he did fairly well in keeping a consistent speed.  He is so pleased with the sleeping bag/pocket he made for his Playmobil pirate.  Might get a photo in the morning--it's in bed with him tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment