If you aren't offended by the title, keep reading.
:)
So I have been down with allergies, a fever, and a cough. On the couch, napping here and there, hoping the boys don't get into too much trouble.
Yesterday I was awakened by Charlie coming down the steps saying, "I have big, big poop" and then Billy, saying, "Mom, wake up quick, Charlie pooped." I open my eyes to see a half naked Charlie. As he starts to sit on our cream-colored carpet, Billy says, "No Charlie, don't sit down." I am working really hard at waking up at this point. I ask where Charlie's diaper is, and Billy parrots me. No answer from Charlie. But then after a third round of questioning, he says he will show me. He takes me upstairs to my bathroom and shows his diaper on the floor, tells me he went pee-pee in the toilet, and tells me again, "I have big, big poop." There is also poop all over the toilet seat (he has learned to sit facing the toilet to pee...) and a huge wad of toilet paper in his diaper. Thankfully no poop all over MY bathroom or down the hall and stairs.
Until today's poop episode... Day two of Mommy's illness. I am feeling better, but still not normal. Slept in a little, was able to make some breakfast for the boys today, read some stories, got out some puzzles, felt a little more like a mommy. After my early afternoon nap (when Charlie wouldn't nap and Billy distracted him somewhat) I awakened to hear that Charlie had gone potty and Billy was attempting to put a Pull-Up on Charlie [we have tried them and decided they are too expensive and don't work for Charlie. But Billy can help Charlie put them on...] I try to get Charlie settled back in for a nap, only to hear him playing shortly after. I make Billy's 3pm snack and try to have a little something myself when Charlie comes down announcing, "I have big, big poop again!" This time holding up one leg in the air. Precariously. Has to hold on to the wall. There is poop all the way to his ankle. So, upstairs we go to investigate where there is sure to be some poop trail.... thankfully it was only in his room. Two smallish spots and some smeared on the door post. Apparently, the Pull-Ups either don't keep poop in the diaper, Charlie tried to get it off himself, or his dear big brother didn't put it on correctly.
So I am washing clothes and wondering what poop story I will get to share tomorrow! Hopefully I will be feeling normal... Please pray for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment