April 04, 2011

seeds

I decided we would do a study on fruits and vegetables before they come "in season" and we spend time picking them this summer. I also thought we could go into seeds and plants and the life cycle, since we just studied the life cycle with our study of birds... So we are planting some apple seeds (just cause we have some; I know they won't do much), cosmos and likely some other things shortly. I came across garden-preschool-pack great little resource posted by a link in one of the blogs I read, and just thought it was the cutest. Hopefully I will get to making the garden-sensory-tub so the boys can enjoy using it on the deck :)

In planting the cosmos, the boys were so excited and did an ok job, until the seeds, coffee grounds, and egg carton were all dumped upside-down on the kitchen floor... sure was funny to watch the boys' reactions to the mess we made. We'll see what actually happens. Gotta get some potting soil so they have a fighting chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment