January 14, 2011

a new train

Since this has been the year of the train [I guess] De's mom bought us a train set for Christmas. I thought it was huge and wouldn't even fit under our tree. Plus, where I decided to put the tree this year didn't have any more space... much like the rest of our house [how do these things happen--you move into a new house with a TON of space, and then just 4 years later you are packed to overflowing. And I have said yes, every time one of the donation pick-up places calls, and we give away boxes of stuff EACH time. I know, I digress.] And I was worried about the "play factor"; you can't play with it. Just watch.
So, today, well after Christmas, we put out the Christmas train. around the coffee table. after some quick clean up to make space. The boys loved it. They were so excited. They loved pushing the buttons to make it stop and go and reverse [we learned some new vocabulary--forward, reverse, mute].
I have some video on my phone... Hope to post that soon.
Have to think about where it will go next year for Christmas... might have to empty out the play room. Or get rid of some furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment