June 18, 2008

today's bargains

I found these five flannel fabrics, most likely former baby blankets, at the Salvation Army for $.50 each... I'm going to make a blanket for Billy to wrap up his baby in (as he has to copy Abby in her Ella-obsession) and likely make some other items for the new baby... I'm getting into the fabric craftiness again :)
As for this, well, this was my CVS run today. The candy is part of this pregnancy obsession for sweets... I have to have chocolate or caramel ice cream (or cookies) every day. It was on sale for $1.97 per bag, BUT when you buy $10. of candy, you get $5. back, so in essence, it was one dollar a bag... pretty good when it's usually $3.50 a bag!

The sets of toothbrushes were originally $6.99 each, but with a coupon I had, one set was free. They were also on sale, so I saved $2. in addition. Oh, and I received $13.98 back in Extra Bucks. Thus $13.98 cost - $2. sale - $6.99 coupon + $13.98 EB = $18.97 "given to me in coupons" for buying the toothbrushes.

The AirWick oils are usually $3.99 each, this week are on sale for $2.50 each, and I had a coupon for a dollar off, so I bought 2 for the original price of one...

No comments:

Post a Comment