January 29, 2008

nearing two

As Billy is closing in on becoming a two year old, or having completed two years alive outside of the womb, I am amazed at his abilities and understanding.

Today he said "raining", "van" and "wet" as I told him I heard it raining outside. His vocabulary is ever-increasing.

I don't have to feed him anything any more, as he can handle feeding himself with just about everything---sandwiches, finger food, applesauce, yogurt, even some soups, he can handle it all! It's amazing to be able to eat with him

Last week when I was putting him to bed by myself (De wasn't home yet--at a church meeting or caring for his grandparents... I can't remember which), I told William that we didn't have Bunny in his room and that he should go find him... he goes trotting downstairs, finds the beloved Bunny, and returns, having completed the requested task! Amazing! I wasn't sure what to expect...

And of course since it's winter there are all kinds of bugs going around, and William had his first episode of vomiting, ever! Almost made it to two years old without any illness other than a little cold... couldn't be healthy forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment