So, we know we won't likely do this again, but we took William out in the snow tonight (from 8-8:30pm) after De got home from work after a LOooooooooNG day [he left 7am-ish and got home at 7:30pm]. If you don't live around here, D.C. area traffic is terrible in the snow or rain, thus De's long commute today...
Anyway, we bundled William up with snow pants, mittens, coat, hat, and attempted to put on boots, but the ones I bought today (without him being with me to try them on) were too small, so we gave him "ghetto boots" (sneakers wrapped with plastic bags). [De and I both recalled wearing ghetto boots at one time or another in our past.]
Billy wasn't all that excited to go out, but De and I were excited to see his response this year to snow... thus our late night excursion--so we could experience his wonderful facial expressions and comments together.
I bought a toddler sled at the Baby Bazaar in October and we put it to good use, using the tiny little hill out in the center of our townhouses to sled on. De and I pulled him all around, up and down the hill, and William started to enjoy it. He said Wheeee and Happy coming down the hill after 8 trips or so.
Sorry, I didn't take any pictures, but just enjoyed being us... maybe next time!
We played in our dusting of snow this afternoon too. It doesn't take much! We need to get some boots though. Real boots work a lot better when they get more active.
ReplyDelete