July 25, 2007

With the Lord

I'm so thankful for the gift of health the Lord grants to my family each and every day. What I consider a significant change or deviation is nothing in comparison to what others are trying to overcome! For example, I've been praying for a little boy, Micah Davis, who had a brain tumor that began growing rapidly in 2006 and the doctors gave him months to live. This little boy has lived a year and a half since then. Amazing, I think, the amount of time God gave this precious family to enjoy the life of this little one who has blessed their lives in so many ways... This morning our heavenly Father took three year old Micah home to live with Him in eternal joy and health. Of course his family is grieving their loss, but is rejoicing in Micah's gain.

As I prayed for this family through the course of the day, I thought of the hymn "It is Well with My Soul". Whether you have a burden on your soul like the Davis family, or something else entirely, may these words comfort you as we think upon eternity, for that is really all that matters.


When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blessed assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Horatio Spafford ~ 1874

No comments:

Post a Comment