I have our spices in a cabinet in the kitchen, all on a shelf, vying for the front edge real estate... We had a nice shelving system attached to the inside of the pantry door at the condo, and I left it there since it was there when I bought the place and worked really well for that space. I don't think the same system would work here.
PLEASE tell me what you have/use to organize your spices so you can easily find them!
I've looked at options on Amazon and they have all types; there are a few I think would be helpful, but I'd love to have your thoughts. [A counter space unit wouldn't work for me since that's already at a premium.] Please comment!
I have a special spice rack that came with and fits mccormick spices. It can hang on the wall and I love it--it is the best ever. If I can find a source on the internet to show you a picture, I will.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mccormick.com/gcproductdetail.cfm?id=12749
ReplyDeleteOkay, here is the link. Although I bought it from another store and it was only $50 which is a steal considering all the spices that come with it...
Sorry, girl! I'm no help here. I'm having issues with the saaaame thing...
ReplyDeleteFunny you ask this today when lastnight I designed a spice rack for Tony to build. We use one now and It's nice but I have some large spice bottles that wont fit. I alpha organize which is quick and easy to find when rushing to cook. Since my hubby is a carpenter and Im not 100% happy with the store bought ones, why not get exactly what I need. When mommy's happy everyone is happy.
ReplyDeleteI used a tiered shelf in our old set of cabinets so that the lg bottles were on the bottom, and the smaller above. I also alphabetized them. . .
ReplyDeleteW/ the new cabinets, what I had doesn't fit, so I use a different tiered wire shelf separator,and put the smallest jars lying down in rows (alpha order) in a shallow plastic storage box on the top shelf, w/ the tall ones below.