
De and I find that we are changing light bulbs constantly, or so it seems. We have multiple light fixtures all around the house, with most of them having two or more bulbs. We just changed a bulb on our front porch a few weeks ago and a bulb burned out again.
I changed one of them today, taking apart the whole fixture as that is how it is stupidly made, and then checked to make sure it worked...and as soon as I flipped the switch the other bulb blew as I turned it on; up on the step stool again to change the other bulb and take apart the light fixture one more time (after going to the basement to retrieve another bulb). I must have spent Billy's whole nap working on the dumb light fixture.
I did a little research on the Internet and discovered this at http://www.factsfacts.com/MyHomeRepair/liteBulb.htm:
The typical light bulb is good for roughly 900 hours. At 10 hours a day that's three months. At 24 hours a day it's a little more than a month. If you have 25 bulbs in your house burning an average of three hours each day, a bulb will burn out every twelve days, on average.
So, our bulb situation is normal, maybe. The site also said there could be a vibration problem, and the porch light is under Billy's room, where he has been playing much more roughly the last few months, so maybe it's our one year old's fault the lights keep burning out!
You could try the CFL bulbs. They have improved a lot. Plus they save energy.
ReplyDelete