Today we dedicated William at church. This means we presented him to the Lord, much as Hannah did with her son Samuel, only
we are to raise him and teach him about our Savior (rather then giving him to our pastor/church to teach him about God, as Hannah gave Samuel to Eli, their priest).
Each child and their parents were prayed over and encouraged to seek advice & support from their own parents/families. It was a joy to share this with Emily and Caleb, as they dedicated Abby; 
three other families dedicated their little boys. Abby was the only little girl, wearing an adorable lacey/frilly dress.
It was a lovely service, and apparently an excellent sermon by Johnny Mazariegos, so says our families (De and I were in the nursery watching the kiddos as part of a nursery staff rotation). I can't wait to hear the sermon on CD!
De's parents, aunt & uncle, my parents, my sisters and their families, long-time family friends, and my aunt & uncle were able to come and share in the baby dedication in our morning worship service.
Thanks to Donna for taking pictures with our camera!
It was a lovely service, and apparently an excellent sermon by Johnny Mazariegos, so says our families (De and I were in the nursery watching the kiddos as part of a nursery staff rotation). I can't wait to hear the sermon on CD!
Thanks to Donna for taking pictures with our camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment