December 28, 2006

new sidewalk

If only William were a little older, he would have been so thrilled to watch the cement truck come to "our house" to pour new sidewalk. The homeowners association had marked sections of the sidewalk with green paint before we moved in, and by mid December there were workers tearing up the old and filling in with the new. All the construction machinery would have been fun for him to see I'm sure. I enjoyed watching the cement truck the best :)

I tried to put his little footprints into the cement infront of our house, but I waited too long. I thought of it early on, but thought I'd wait for De... The guys were pouring the cement around 10 AM and I waited until around 6PM, when De had called to say he would be late coming home and William was up from his nap and fed... If you get the chance to put little footprints into cement, do it right after they leave and go to their next job. Don't wait! It hardens FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment