September 14, 2006

6 months old in September

We've enjoyed watching our little boy grow and change. We started giving him a supplimental bottle early on when he wasn't getting enough to eat just with nursing. He's now holding the bottle while he eats. . . amazing how subtly these changes occur. I'm trying to record when he does what, and it's hard. He will occationally do something, and then all of a sudden he is repeatedly doing it (this week it's holding onto/playing with his feet).








In the past month we've been feeding William cereal and adding in fruits and veggies. He looks so little in his highchair, but I know he will grow into it as he has with his swing and rocking chair... He loves to play with toys on the tray while I get his cereal and fruit or veggie ready. The truck from the Cars movie is his favorite (I think it came in De's cereal one Saturday...) I can tell when all the toys have hit the floor or are gone into his lap, as he starts fussing for me to bring the food :)
He doesn't use his hand anymore to help push the food into his mouth. That was short-lived too. Maybe a week. He just opens wide and uses his tongue to swallow. He is adjusting to new foods fairly well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment