Well I haven't done an entry in a while so I thought I'd start with the updates from this week. De started a new job on Monday and so far it's going well. It's a hard adjustment for everyone else at DEA headquarters because he still works in the same building. I'm sure they'll adapt to life without him on his "old contract"...
I'm busy giving the MCPS reading test to all my students, individually. It is rather time-consuming, since it is done one-on-one, but I have done this testing for 5 years now, so I know what to expect and what is necessary. This time I get to give most of the test on my Palm Pilot, and in syncing up the Palm to the computer, it enters the data. I can then view the data on my account on a certain website, and print it all out (instead of filling out several different forms for each child and then my entire class' data sheet). What a TIME SAVER! I'm really liking the new system!
While I'm working one-on-one with each student, the rest of them are supposed to be academically engaged, so I've found videos that go along with our curriculum; they are watching them and then answering questions and such on paper. By this point in the school year, they are also becoming more independent readers and learners, so that helps them to work on a task while I work with one student at a time.
I did take some time tonight to add a new photo of Kaylee to the other ones on the Blog and some wedding photos from early January...
No comments:
Post a Comment