August 22, 2004

Another Harley Rental :)

I decided before I went back to work, we should rent another bike. So we blocked off Saturday, August 21, 2004, and rented a 2004 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Classic from the Harley-Davidson dealer in Frederick, MD. Since that is the closest rental facility, I thought I would check out things to see in Frederick, and found this neat website: http://www.fredericktourism.org/

We took the rain gear and our maps, camera, snacks, and water, and headed off. We stopped to see James, after snooping around other houses and knocking on the wrong door, and visited with him and his dogs, Brutus and Lydia.

Then we drove on up Rte 355 to see some covered bridges. I had seen that there are quite a few on this website: http://www.fredericktourism.org/main_listings_bridges.asp We only saw one, though the route I thought I had planned had three on it... Laura and maps don't go together well. I should have viewed webpage called the Historic Covered Bridges Driving Tour, but didn't... Could have saved myself some time, and had more photos to share. Maybe next time!

A creek runs under the bridge, obviously, but there was also a little wooden fence that went across the creek as well....
There was a gorgeous stone house we loved, right next to the covered bridge in Frederick County, Maryland. (We both love stone houses! We decided we'll buy this one, someday.)


De waiting patiently for the photographer. Then we kept on going towards Catoctin Mountain, but took roads on the map, that once again, were dirt/gravel roads. Laura and maps strike again! We wandered around the mountain on the bike, not seeing or enjoying much, and since it was starting to rain again, decided to go back to Frederick to De's Aunt Kathy's house.

We ate our "picnic lunch" in their kitchen, played with Shadow and Daisy--their two dogs--and talked with Ryan while waiting for his mom to get home. We then visited with her, and she took a ride with De while Ryan & I watched some Olympic volleyball doubles and had coffee. Then we took off for Montgomery County, after some pictures taken by Aunt Kathy.



We went to see the Dabbondanza's in Clarksburg, and visited with them for a few minutes before we headed up Route 27 to Damascus to Jimmy Cone. I had a soft serve cone, vanilla and orange cream swirl, while De had a chocolate shake, since they didn't have chocolate ice cream :(
Then we drove down Rte 124, filled up the 5 gallon gas tank, and headed down to Rockville, to visit with Candace and Sean and their dog, Guinness. I had a headache, so we chatted a little and then I relaxed on the couch with De rubbing my head while he and Sean talked. Candace prepared a wonderful dinner for us, with chocolate chip cookies to follow, and then we headed out for some riding.
Candace and Sean pose for a photo.
Candace and De enjoy a ride around the block at 10 p.m.

Off they go...
Here they come

We then went to Papa De's work to see him, and then home to our house for a Good Night's sleep. This morning we got up, went to a SLLOOOOWWWW McDonald's for a 30 minute breakfast, and then hit the road, I-270, back up to Frederick to return the bike. It was a gorgeous ride, and since we had to skip church to return the bike on time, we popped the WOW Yellow Worship CD into the CD player, and sang most of the way up, with the blue sky and bright sunshine all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment